Sunday, December 14, 2008


Rows and floes of angel hair
And ice cream castles in the air
And feather canyons everywhere
I've looked at clouds that way
But now they only block the sun
They rain and they snow on everyone
So many things I would have done
But clouds got in my way
Ive looked at clouds from both sides now
From up and down, and still somehow
Its cloud illusions I recall
I really dont know clouds at all
Moons and junes and ferris wheels
The dizzy dancing way that you feel
As every fairy tale comes real
I've looked at love that way
But now it's just another show
And you leave em laughing when you go
And if you care, don't let them know
Don't give yourself away
I've looked at love from both sides now
From give and take, and still somehow
It's loves illusions that I recall
I really don't know love at all
Tears and fears and feeling proud
To say I love you right out loud
Dreams and schemes and circus crowds
I've looked at life that way
But now old friends they're acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day
I've looked at life from both sides now
From win and lose and still somehow
It's lifes illusions I recall
I really don't know life at all
I've looked at life from both sides now
From up and down, and still somehow
It's lifes illusions that I recall
I really don't know life at all

3 comments:

Flippinpest said...

I adore this song, the lyrics are so true..people do analyse their thoughts and their feelings. We change our outlook on life as we grow older and less naive but we dont really change that much. Sorry..I could carry on but I wont lol! Like I said, great and inspirational lyrics!

Jan said...

I feel sadness Constanza xx

PeregrineBlue said...

Oh no, not sadness but awareness that all is illusion and that we cling to the most beautiful parts of life in our minds.