Sunday, February 15, 2009

it must be the romance in the air or my ever seeking that safe zone of it that has me turning back to romantic creations and a few vintage item purchases. lots of pink roses and old sewing notions, vintage teacups and sugar bowls, bird salt and pepper shakers. some a bit over the top but reading all those Victoria Magazines and my recent purchase of "Home Sewn" as well as my reading a life of Lincoln has transported me.

i have also been browsing through one of my favorite fabric artist's creations. She is a darling girl in New Zealand with a shop on etsy by the name of All Things Pretty or Little Things. Her work just takes my breath away.
by chance i also ran into an estare sale on ebay and am bidding an an old barber shop sign, an eccentric move but hopefully a wise one. it will add such flair to the house since it is true americana folklore. everything she has for sale is unique and exquisite. check her out under shabbytownusa but be prepared to pull out the big bucks.

2 comments:

MARGARET FIELD said...

Absolutely stunning pieces Constanza.
you have such a beautiful home, surrounded by beautiful things.

Thankyou again for the flowers, i will never forget. xxxxxx

JillzWhimzy said...

gorgeous photos thanks for sharing & oh so romantic - Happy Valentines Day to you Connie