Monday, October 17, 2011

cottage monday

 you have no idea how long this shelf just sat on the floor waiting to be hung
i bought it instantly when i saw it tucked at the far end of one of my favorite local stores called homespun.  you see aqua is my favorite color.
 but there it sat, for months.  i think i was concerned about hanging it up and ruining the wall since it very heavy, a true vintage, real wooden upcycled cupboard.

i lknew the inspiration to give it life would eventurally come to me.
 cielo's cottage monday linky triggered that momentum.

 so i am proud to present......
"the shabby aqua corner"
 on a once empty wall in my bedroom
as always when you're shuffling, ideas keep popping into your head as you go so i worked on one of my nightstands too.  believe me, this was NOT at all what it looked like before.  i work alot with my hands at night propped up in my bed so it is usually filled with threads and needles as well as the night creams, colognes, nail file, scissors, vitamins, tums, and all sorts of odds and ends that i have now decided to put in a basket under my bed so that that corner of the room doesn't look so unseemly.
take into consideration that all these things i already had.  all i did was shuffle them around a bit a make them new.





another treasured gift from my friend marcela at colorin colorado

i'm linking to

6 comments:

bohemiannie! art said...

I could look at that every day!

maría cecilia said...

casita casitaaaa!!!! me gusta tanto en lo que está, ya viene sin duda amiga!!!!!!

mañana te contesto el mail que yahoo sí envió, no te enojes....
te quiero

audrey said...

I love your shabby aqua shelf. Very pretty with all the items you have on it. A nice addition to your already beautiful bedroom.
♥ audrey

Deborah OHare said...

Simply gorgeous! I wish I had your eye for things.

marcela cavaglieri said...

Your little cottage is really something to be shown off!!!...and that little shelf is adorable!!!!!!! Llamo hoy!!!!

Laura Galán said...

Que preciosidad, una imágenes super románticas!!!!!!!!!!!

Muuack
http://durabilite.blogspot.com/